Hacking devices can/will void your warranty and can turn your expensive consumer electronics into worthless trash if you don't know what you're doing. This blog is for information purposes only, and if you try to hack into your own consumer electronics, you do so at your own risk. The device I'm currently hacking is the Canon SX10 IS camera.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Start of compiling

Really late right now so I'll do a quick synopsis: The source for 1.00.011 APP is missing some pieces. I'm downloading the 2.00.004 sources now to see if the missing pieces are there instead. But then I started playing around with the Ellion sources.

I compiled up most of the libraries, and then compiled the WatchDogApp (also known as RootApp). Tried to run it on my iomega and got a segmentation fault. After a little debugging and searching, I found that in the Include/OSAL/PLI.h file there is a #define that defines the DEF_MEM_SIZE to be 256. Well, the Iomega only has 64. So I switched it over to 64, recompiled the libraries and the RootApp and...

it was able to run.
I stuck in some additional debug statements to tell me, once and for all, what the player thinks it's Realtek chip # is. And without a doubt, I can now safely change my assumption from 1262 to WRONG.

It isn't a 1262. It's a 1282.

Code to find it: I placed this in the resetav function:

reg = (unsigned int *)pli_getIOAddress(0xb801a200);
printf("Chip id is %x\n", *reg);

And 1282 was returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment